Thursday, September 4, 2014

Bread crumbs

I recently discovered that all the bread crumbs available for purchase at the market contain ingredients such as high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils amongst other unsavory characters. So I decided to make my own. It's so simple it's ridiculous. 

In our house we don't finish a loaf of bread, because in America, you can't buy a half pan. So the heels and any leftovers are set out into a bowl overnight to harden 


Once the slices harden, place them in the food processor (or blender) 


First I run it on speed 1 


Once it's mostly crumbled, I pulse it until all the chunks are gone. 


Then I pour it into an air tight container, I prefer glass...


If you want Italian (or any other style), sprinkle in the desired amount of dried herbs into the container and shake well! It stores very well in the pantry. Enjoy! 




1 comment: